Benchmarks & Client Cases
Design Sprints for the Checkout Area
• Uncomfortable checkout area for the customer, due to lack of space
• Low cross-selling opportunities with the current counter design
• Lack of ergonomics for checkout operator
• No extra support area to put down personal items during checkout
• Single queuing with lack of visual management is confusing to the customer
• Excess of products in an inadequate arrangement in the counter’s surrounding areas
• The counter operator needs to turn his back on the customer while doing the checkout operations
• Setting the stage: Observation of checkout operations and identification of opportunities
• Challenge definition and selection of a target customer
• Solution sketching: design of a full-scale mock-up
• Selection one solution and creation of a prototype: Test in a live environment and benefit quantification
• Solution testing with the customers: selection of a pilot store and definition of a rollout plan
The project resulted in a Sales increase of £$8.8k per year by freeing up resources to assist with sales.
Average Service Time
The average service time decreased by 28%.
The sales of products in the impulse buying area increased by 40%.
Waiting area for clients
The space available for customers waiting to pay increased by 43%.
Get all the latest news about Kaizen Institute. Subscribe now.
* required fields